Sunday, January 4, 2009

Karla Colleen Nef

Today life has changed in a suttle and big way. My first born went to primary and sunbeams. My kids are growing up. Karla did really well. She wanted to sit with momma during primary, but went with her class when it was time to go. She even raised her hand during class (I hear from her teacher). I was surprised and touched that she still wants to sit by momma. But I am so proud of her for being such a big girl and doing so well.
As I think of the up coming baby, I also think about my girls. Karla is actually my second pregnancy. I wasn't very sick with her but a little. I got the diabetes with her as well. We maintained it with diet. And then, I needed a doctor to monitor my diabetes. I was seeing a midwife I really liked. It was hard, but she switched me to a doctor. In the time it took to find a doctor who could take me and my insurance, 3 weeks, I became preclampsic. I do not know what my blood pressure was when I went in to see the docotor, but during labor it got to 150/200. I shouldn't have been walking when I went to the hospital, but I felt fine. My doctor met me at the hospital and told me we were going to induce, now. So Karla came on Feb 22, 2005 at 9 in the morning. It was a fairly easy labor because they gave me stuff to control my blood pressure and stop seisures. It also stops labor--so that and the pit fought causing me to graudally progress forward.
Her first word was "ouch" during stake confrence. That night she said "Daddy." Six months later she said "Momma." She also took her first steps to Daddy during the only 30 minutes I was away in 3 days. I knew she was close!! She was a daddy's girl until shortly after Kylee was born.
Karla is named after her Grandma K(arla Nef). Todd wanted to name his daughter after his mom. Since both woman are the first born in their families, as was I and my mom, we felt it only appropriate to name Karla after her grandma and me (my middle name): Karla Colleen Nef.
Karla has been stubborn (or so I thought until Kylee was born). She has also been very considerate and outgoing. She says hi to everyone and is always looking for new friends. She has been my "little momma" and is very consirned about what her sister is doing, that she is okay, and what her punishment should be. Karla has a good heart though.
Karla in her birth blessing was blessed to be surrounded by love. I have seen this to be true. I think she was adopted in half the families of the farmington ward. She has come to appreciate and love to receive father's blessings. The other thing to note: in her last blessing, the Lord told her He knows of her strong will, and if she will humble herself and listen to her parents...I will have to go and look up the blessing part. I want to say that no harm will come to her but maybe it was that He will direct her paths.... I just remember how powerful it was. I will look.
I love you Karla.

2 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

It's so amazing to me how fast they grow, Lilli will be 18 months in March, all ready for Nursery! I am definately ready for that. How are you doing? How is baby Nef? We actually bought this house (mortgage is cheaper then rent we were paying). So it's been a lot of fun for Eric, to bad it took 8 months to get one room done, we learned a lot and the rest should go much quicker!

Elaina said...

It's crazy and amazing how fast they grow and learn. It's so cute she's how she's being a "momma" to her sister. Pretty cool how she's named after Todd's mom and you! I thought of having my girl named after me but Elaina really doesn't go with another name.