Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kaylyn's First Bath

Uncle Garth finally holds Kaylyn, and now he too is clammering for his turn. He is one of the first to run pick up Kaylyn when she starts to cry. Last Sunday night, Kaylyn was crying and wanted to eat. I had just nursed her for an hour, so I was not in a hurry to feed her again. So Garth picked her up. Kaylyn started hunting for food and quit crying. Garth was so proud that he had made the baby stop crying. He often says "Shh, it's okay. Uncle Garth is here." It's cute to watch. He is a very protective uncle.

Grandma wanted to give Kaylyn her first bath. Kaylyn wasn't sure she liked it at first.


But as she relaxed and thought about it--she decided she liked sitting in that warm water.






Grandma gently soaped, and then dryed, and then lotioned, and dressed. Kaylyn was spoiled. And Grandma enjoyed it!


Grandma Mann has a very busy schedule, so we don't see her much during the week. By the time the weekend comes around, Grandma is saying she needs her baby fix!! She is thinking she likes the idea of making Sunday dinner together a more often occurance. She was so cute showing off her newest grandbaby to her sisters and mom.


1 comment:

Dot and Jonathan said...

I'm sure mom is loving it! I wish I could see Garth taking care of baby Kaylyn. I miss you guys