Thursday, July 1, 2010

Karla's preschool graduation


Ms. Leta and Ms. Dana were aids and wonderful teachers!!

Karla doing "puff the magic dragon." They also chose "Wheels on the Bus," The "Bumblebee song," and "Where is Thumbkin."

Kylee gave me this flower on the way over. Karla and Kylee have brought me a lot of flowers this summer. I feel loved.

Kylee with her speech teacher, Ms. Sonya.


Pacie, Joseph, Autumn, and Dorian were Karla's best friends in class.

Karla during their program. Isn't she beautiful!!

Karla receiving her "portfolio" or her scrapbook of homework and her certificate of completion.

Karla and Ms. Lara, her teacher.

Now I'm now here to debate whether we should have preschool graduations or not. Karla's preschool had one, so I supported Karla and went. And I'll admit, I cried. she made a lot of good friends there. And she learned a lot of good things in the ECAP program. She has grown into an individual apart from her sister. And when they sang "puff the magic dragon" about growing up and putting away those childish things, I cried. I want her to grow up. I want her to become a responcible adult. But I think childhood is too short as it is these days, and I don't want her to prematuraly put away those childish games and toys and imaginations. She is still my little girl. But I am so proud of her.





I don't think this was the wheels on the bus I sang? Although it goes on to sound more like what I sang...

2 comments:

Dot and Jonathan said...

She is getting so big! I'm proud of her. And she sang Puff the Magic Dragon to me earlier today!

Amber said...

I don't know about you laughing at your child. ;) Shame on you. :)