Thursday, September 19, 2013

10 crazy years

http://youtu.be/AA2NHPTHWyg

This is the song Todd and I danced to 10 years ago today!!  It's hard to believe and yet at the same time I'm at a point where I wonder if there was ever life without my wonderful husband!!  This morning Todd and I reminiscing.  At this time 10 years ago, Todd was canning pears.  I couldn't remember what time they wanted us at the temple--so I was early.  My mom was making sure we weren't late either--so we went even earlier.  The poor temple patron was starting to think I had been stood up, when on time, Todd and his parents walked in.  On our wedding night, we spent the night in our first apartment.  But since neither of us had been living there, all we had in the fridge was cottage cheese.  And we found we were really hungry.  We ate cottage cheese by candle light.  Good memories.

In retrospect, this song is a very appropriate song for us.  It's been a crazy 10 years.  I've kicked him out twice.  And I think a lot of people are surprised that here we are 10 years later and more in love then ever.  And I do want to stand next to Todd Nef when this life is done.  I don't want to share this crazy adventure called life with anyone else.

In the last 10 years, we have had 5 kids and 1 miscarriage.  And I laugh because I as write this, Kolten is pushing buttons!  So if it looks funny at the end--you know I missed one that he pushed.  We have lived in 3 states: Idaho, New Mexico, and Washington.  We have spent over half our marriage in the Tri-Cities now: 8 years!!  We have lived in 12 houses!  Now 2 weeks with mom and dad and 2 weeks with Nick and Zina are both on the list!  We have had 20 jobs between us: some temp jobs.  I'll admit, that number might be off.  We have made some incredible friends: too many to count!!  We have seen hard times and miracles.  And I am grateful for this amazing man who I call my best friend, husband, and lover!!


No comments: