There are some things that impact our lives more than others. For me, music is one of these. Everytime the song about the combine driver comes on, I am driving back home at Grandma and Grandpa Cook's house--on North Glade. It brings back the memory's of all those things we learned out there, the friends we made, I had such a hard time leaving--even moving only to West Richland. It was nice living so close to Grandma and Grandpa--seeing them everyday, only when the girls were in good moods.
Always, is one of those songs that came out when I needed it. It got me out bed somedays and kept me going. Stand has always meant something to me. But now, I look back and that is what we did. We looked up and decided we had enough. We got mad, and then we got strong. There were times we felt that we bent so much we were going to break, but we made it.
I cry everytime I hear "your going to miss this"--in the last verse when he talks about one baby cring and the other screaming. And I have tried to take a few deep breaths and just enjoy this time I have. It meant a lot to me that Karla wanted to sit by me in Primary. I know I can never have these days back, so I try to live with no regrets. Somedays I do better than others.
There are songs that remind me of old friends and old loves, and although I am happily married and love Todd dearly, I think of them and smile. These people still mean so much to me.
Songs have helped me understand parts of me I didn't previously understand. They have helped me appreciate Todd more. And I see my life in them. Do you know the song that goes "hate me if you want to, love me if you can"? Isn't this Henry Potter to a tea? But as I have gone through the trials (with my family mostly)--I no longer think of just Henry. I see myself. And I am learning to say hate me if you want, but I am hard pressed to not add love me if you can.
I think of my kids. "There goes my life" is the way that Todd, especially, felt when Karla was born and yet our girls mean everything to both of us. And I love the song "I loved her first." I will always love my girls, but I do want them to meet that special someone one day. But Todd has his shot gun ready for that speech too.
There are so many songs that mean so much to me!! And music really does make a difference in my life.
2 comments:
Music is the biggest part of my life. I started playing the piano when I was about 5 years old. My grandma taught me. My dad played as well. I can site read music really well. Now I have a calling in the church with playing the organ before I became pregnant. I didn't play much when I was pregnant, but now I want to get back into it. Need to go to the church at least once a week and practice as much as I can to get back into it. It's not even that hard but it's practice trying to make all the keys go together and not be so choppy. My son loves playing even though he's only pushing keys without knowing how to really play. He's starting out. I Love listening to him play while I'm playing.
It is interesting to discover songs with no words and find out what that does for you...
Post a Comment