Sunday, July 5, 2009

Before and After


Kaylyn shortly after coming home from the doctor--remember these pictures?


Kaylyn at one month!! See how much she has grown. It is only one inch longer at about two pounds, but she seems much bigger to me. Yesterday she was sleeping on my bed while we got ready for the day. When I went to get her, there were several of the girls baby dolls on my bed as well (they had fed their babies bottles while I fed mine. :) But Kaylyn looked like just one of the dolls left by the girls--slightly more porciline and less plastic, but a doll all the same.

And since we are doing before and after pictures--I couldn't resist doing my own. I've mentioned my workout routine recently. And I lost a pound a week for a few weeks. I was disappointed when I not only didn't lose weight but gained back a pound, but Todd and I have been watching it and I feel better. I can do things that I use to not be able to do--and I hurt less than I use to. I feel in better shape. And Todd says I feel firmer. I look more slender in the face. And I finally put on my skinny jeans again (although just barely). But the biggest indicator, to me, is my blood pressure. I ran out of my enarpril, so I started taking my blood pressure again--so when I called Dr Toeshoni I could have an educated discussion with her. My blood pressure was not only down but on the lower end: 138/84. When I hit 120/90 she told me I could skip my next dose and see what happened, so I did. And it was 172/98 (a little too high). So I tried simply taking a half dose of the labetol--and my numbers have been beautiful: 98/62, 96/78 and 135/86!! Yeah!! Now I just have to kick the last 200 mg.



2 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

Go Cassy!! You are such an inspiration, I will think of you after the baby comes when I don't feel like working out! :)

Elaina said...

Look at you beautiful!! Love the shirt! She's growing up so fast.