Monday, March 2, 2009

NO TV

Karla talked back to daddy all weekend long. The last straw was Sunday morning about wanting to watch cartoons. So we unplugged the TVs. They have asked to watch movies a couple of times, but when the TV doesn't turn on for them, they have moved on to play something else. I think they have fought less today. And it was cute to watch them play doctor. They got my ear buds. Kylee would put on in her ear and the other to Karla's chest. They would tell me how one heart went beep, beep and another went another way. They have taken turns being sick. At one point, I asked Karla to put something away. "It's Doctor Karla, momma." "Oh, Doctor Karla, please put this away." "Okay mommy." It is only Monday, and I wonder how our experiment will go with time--but I am kind of glad at this point that we are doing it. We watch way to much TV.

2 comments:

Elaina said...

My problem lately is I put on a movie and let Justin watch it so i can do my things, but I do that toom any times a day. Need to stop doing this but it's so easy to do. Need to find some thing else he can do and catches his attention instead of putting him in front of the tv.

Eric and Caralee said...

I have experienced this same thing, just with myself. When I watch a lot of TV I get grumpy and short tempered with Lilli and Eric (usually because she's asking for my attention while I'm watching!), so I've been cutting back quite a bit. It's a challenge, but I feel tons better!