So the question was what did both Todd and I do in our High School and Jr High careers?
My passion was band. I played Clarinet in the Symphonic Band and Youth Symphony. I played Saxophone in Jazz Band--until I had to audition. I played Sousaphone in Marching and Pep Band. I played in a quintent and the clarinet choir.
Todd played trombone for a year or two.
We were also both in Drama. Todd was Henry in the Wizard of OZ. I played a go-go girl (and was the right stage manager) for Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors. I also played Billy's Grandfather in the Princess Bride (He's the guy reading the story). I was in many plays in elementry school as well, but didn't pursue it after Jr. High. Just not enough time or talent. I enjoyed it though.
Todd was on the swim team. He received the most improved award. We are grateful for the experience during the river rafting accident in Farmington. But Todd's passion was the Ballroom Dance Team. He earned many medals. But his favorite, to the best of my knowledge, was the Lindy.
Although music was my passion, I also participated in the French Club and Mock Trial. I was a trial lawyer for the defense. We even went to State!!
While in Jr. High I did one season of JV Basketball, JV Volleyball, and a season of church Basketball (we were undefeted that season). I didn't enjoy volleyball enough to do it again. And with mom going back to work--basketball didn't fit in either.
And in my ancient past, I played Soccer from 1 grade through 6 grade. After that, you had to play on Sundays, and I wouldn't. But I enjoyed Soccer as much as music and drama.
2 comments:
It's nice to know what kind of sports you were in. Man if I could play in a sport I was there! I even played in football but not in school. Only sport I played in school was Track and it was in High School. Didn't have much incouragement from the family front so I dropped Track after a couple of years running in it. I loved dance class. I danced all the way through College. Only class that calmed me down from my life of growing up. Plus playing the piano. Church sports i played whatever sport they were playing I was there. Can't wait for my kids to get to the age of playing sports. Justin is already tossing and throwing his football around and playing basketball with his hang on the wall basketball hoop. It's so funny to watch!
Oh one more thing Kaylyn is sooo cute! She's as cute as her older sisters. Life her first smile.
Post a Comment